Wednesday 1 July 2009

One day to CO.W., but Battlefields Trust Trustees meeting first


Here is a photo of the fish that I caught at the BBQ. You can see the blood worm pattern that I used between the gills and the eye.

The heat of the last few days has played havoc, as ever, with my mobility. So much so, that I had to cancel Mr Ben coming over on Monday to complete the second refight of Ravenna - 6th June 1513. Andy Murray had a long match, and the shots of London by night looked very evocative.


Cassie went off to the cattery today in preparation for my visits to Bosworth Battlefield for my first Trustees meeting of The Battlefields Trust, and then C.OW. - The Conference of Wargamers. The best three days of thought provoking wargames to be had anywhere. Nightmare obtaining the agenda and paperwork - finally obtained a 9mb download five minutes before I had to hand the 'pooter to Wayne who is going to make it run faster than a wheezy Norwich City midfielder by the time that I return from C.O.W. I hope!! If the B.Trust can't communicate within its inner sanctum then what hope has it for communicating with Government and those bodies that we need to work with to protect the battlefields? This seems to be an ongoing problem, that I have raised before as a member and will be raising again as a Trustee.


After the cattery a visit to Hingham to locate the lake where Fatal and Glad and I will be fishing on the 12th July in a competition. The carp lakes are in a beautiful setting and I was fortunate to meet two very friendly and helpful anglers - father and son - and the bailiff who was likewise a jolly helpful chap. While there I saw what I thought were logs floating in a corner of the lake - only to find that they were huge carp - about fifteen of them. You could have walked across the water on their backs. Not being a competition angler for coarse fishing I wanted some info to help save me from embarrassment next week. Twenty four of us fishing so far - 21 from Wayland and us three from Wymondham. It seems that the lake is not too deep, so a 7' 6lb line straight through will suffice for the pole rigs. Was put onto Strawberry as a killing flavour and oyster, so may give that a try on the day. But keeping my tactics safe until after the big day.


Had a quick look at Bob's wargaming miscellany after calling him to see how Sue is. Glad to hear that she is much improved and back to work. Version2 of 'When Empires Clash' is up on Bob's site and he has a hard copy for me to collect at C.O.W. and we will hopefully have a playtest, so good stuff to look forward to in addition to Martin Goddard's sessions on AK47 revisited and the work in progress rules for the American War of Independence - 'Washington's Wars'? which seem to be following the successful and popular format introduced in C.W.B. - Civil War Battles.'


Listening to the Fleet Foxes, and now about to start packing for the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment